Before Your Cosmetic Treatment
Pre-Treatment Checklist for Aesthetic Injectable Treatments
Prior to your aesthetic injectable appointment, it is important to read the below checklist to ensure you are not refused treatment on the day. If any of the below criteria is of concern, it is recommended to call your clinic to discuss in further detail.
- You must not be pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You must be fit and well prior to your treatment.
- No cold or flu like symptoms
- Hayfever allergies must be well controlled. If not then please reschedule your appointment to a later date.
- Not other signs of infections – Eg. Urinary, sinus, respiratory, gastrointestinal, dental, skin etc.
- If you have been unwell with antibiotics, it is recommended you schedule your treatment one month after completing the course.
- You must not be travelling anywhere for minimum of one month after a dermal filler treatment.
- You must not have an important event (whereby you cannot have a bruise) for a least 2 – 4 weeks. For weddings, contact your treating practitioner for their personal protocol.
Considerations Prior To your TreatmentFollowing consultation, please consider the following to help minimize side effects of your upcoming treatment:
- No herbal remedies that increase your bruising risk (unless medically indicated) for 7 days prior to your treatment. These can include fish oils, garlic capsules, gingko biloba, ginseng, glucosamine, ginger and turmeric.
- Please come with no makeup. Any makeup will be completely removed.
- Previous aesthetic laser, radiofrequency or ultrasound treatments must be a minimum of 2-4 weeks (depending on the downtime) prior to your treatment
- Previous injectable treatments must be a minimum of 2 – 4 weeks prior.