Dermal Filler Aftercare Instructions
Following your dermal filler treatment, you will feel tender, a little swollen and bruising may be apparent. This is all normal and should subside over the coming days. Below is a list of post treatment instructions to promote healing.
- Do not rub or touch the treatment areas for at least the next 4 – 6 hours to minimize your risk of infection.
- No strenuous exercise for the next 24 – 48 hours
- No other facial or aesthetic treatments to the area for a minimum of 2 weeks
- No face down massages for the next 7 days.
- No active skin care (retinoids / vitamin A / AHA’s) products for 24 hours after treatment.
- Do not massage, press or push the areas injected unless otherwise directed by your practitioner.
The following symptoms are NOT considered a normal reaction following a dermal filler treatment.
- Skin Discolouration to the treatment area or surrounds that appears purple/blue/white/grey in colour. This is a sign of a vascular occlusion and requires immediate intervention.
- Ulceration or blistering to the treatment area or surrounds.
- Severe swelling that impacts normal activities (eg. Eating, drinking, sleeping)
- Increasing pain within the days following treatment
- Redness and heat to the injection site or surrounds.
- Inflamed, hardened lumps with discomfort to touch.
- Discharge, ooze or persistent bleeding from the injection sites.
- Persistent itchiness with or without a rash.
- Delayed sudden presentation of hard, inflamed lumps in the areas of injection.
If you are experiencing any of the above adverse reactions or if you are concerned about anything else following your treatment, please contact your practitioner immediately to organise a review.